Winicle is an independent qualifying mobile film festival that holds short film competitions. Winicle’s film competitions are open to anyone who screens the best short films from Australia and around the world. There is no entry fees to participate in Winicle short film competitions.
All you have to bring is your creativity and we show your talent to the world.
Winicle short film festivals
Each month, the Winicle’s short film competitions receive hundreds of short film submissions from around the world. All competition submissions are voted by other users and then assessed and reviewed by a jury of festival or industry experts.
Winicle’s Mobile Film Competitions offer a huge prize pool of cash and certificate of excellence (like this) to the winners. At the end of the competition, the winners are announced on Winicle website. Winicle also promotes the winners on mainstream social media such as Youtube and Instagram, so that they can grow their network and progress in the filmmaking career.
Winicle’s film categories and genre
Your film can be emotional or funny, fiction or documentary but it must be significant, memorable, viral and lasting and also family-friendly and align with community guidelines! The theme is open to interpretation. Get creative and demonstrate your talent to the world!
We accept films in the following categories and genre:
- Best Short Fiction Film
- Best Short Drama
- Best Short Comedy
- Best Short Action
- Best Short Sci-fi
- Best Short Cartoon
- Best Short Experimental
- Best Short Animation
- Best Short Documentary
- Best Short DIY
- Best Short Dance clips
- Best Short Sport and Fitness
- Best Short Pets and Animal clips
- Best Short nature Film
- Best Short Music Video
Other filmmakers with short films that do not fit in the above categories are also very welcome and encouraged to submit their films to Winicle exhibitions.
Who should participate in Winicle’s film festivals?
Anyone across the globe is eligible to participate in the Winicle film festivals for free.
Winicle encourages all filmmakers no matter where they are in their career; professionals, amateurs or anyone who wants to start a career in filmmaking or being an influencer, to submit their short films to Winicle’s short film festivals.
Winicle mission is to enable the next generation of the talents and artists by rewarding such individuals so they can focus on their passion.
We like to receive contents and films from students, teenagers and young talents and to foster them to grow in their career.
Film schools (Universities, Colleges, TAFEs and private institutions) can also enter their students work, or individual students from any of the institutions can enter their own work.
Winicle also encourages students to work collaboratively, however you may enter individually, in groups, or as a class.
Rules and terms of participation in Winicle’s film festivals
✓ Films can be in any language.
✓ Short films more than 15 seconds can be submitted in separate parts of 15 seconds.
✓ Filmmakers are responsible for sorting out the copyright on their own materials.
✓ By submitting to us, you give us consent and right to screen your film in front of a live audience, online screening, social mediaa and/or advertising purposes.
✓ all submitted films will be showed on Winicle platform.
✓ Award Winners: films voted the most other users are then reviewed by a jury or an industry expert to be selected as a winner.
✓ We may promote your film or shorted version of your film on social media.
✓ Any technical issues with the submitted films are 100% the responsibility of the filmmakers. If, at the time of judging, your video file doesn’t work, it will be automatically rejected.
✓ If you have submitted your project in the previous competitions on Winicle, please do not resubmit the same film. Same films submitted to the competitions will not considered for the Awards.
How Winicle film competitions are different to other international film festival?
- It is free to participate. Unlike other film festivals that you will need to pay an entry fee, Winicle is completely free for everyone accross the world to enter the film festivals.
- Winicle accepts 15 seconds short films. Unlike other film festivals, which require longer films (at least 5 mins) on Winicle you permitted to participate with a creative 15-second short clip.
- You don’t have to be equipped with professional equipment to have a chance to even be nominated for your film to be screened. Conversely Winicle encourages amateurs and young filmmakers to participate in the festivals. All you need is to have a mobile phone and a spark of creativity!
- Your film will always be screened on festival. Unlike other film festivals that only a select number of films will be screened, Winicle makes all the submitted films available on Winicle app.
- No more wait for the next festival date. Unlike other film festivals that you have to wait for a year for the festival to be held, Winicle holds several festivals and film competitions throughout the year.
- Unlike some film festivals that only accept films from a select film categories, Winicle accepts short films and clips from all genres and film categories.
Winicle does not see itself a competitor to other film festivals, in fact quite contrary, Winicle provides a complimentary service to the filmmaking and art community.
Winicle encourages filmmakers to consider similar international film festivals and competitions as they see fit, such as:
Flickerfest, St Kilda film festival, Film freeway, CineFest Oz, The vision splendid film fest, Sydney film festival, 1-minute film competition.
We acknowledge that for a lot of filmmakers and influencers around the world 2021 has been a difficult year and has created roadblocks for many filmmakers not being able to work as per usual. Due to this Winicle holds the film competitions completely online in which the filmmakers, influencers and artists can enter the competitions simply by posting their work to Winicle platform and participate the film competitions virtually.
So download Winicle app from Appstore or GooglePlay and post your short videos. And compete with other home-made films to win prizes.
2 thoughts on “Winicle international mobile film festival – how is it different?”
Pingback: Short Films and Money Making | Business System Guide
Pingback: How to make money with short films? - Chica Techie